PURPOSE: To inform and educate the casual person in making the
right purchases and to have a Helluva of a lot of fun! We provide
Serious Content for the Ambulatory Generation!
DMG ICE we are devoted to covering the greatest system
Game Boy. (And all it's variations.) There is however a catch. We only
provide CERTAIN content. We are a purchase information site mainly. We
of legitimate handheld products as well as reviews of other systems and
on the side. We also provide entertainment in online comic strips,
videos, radio broadcasts, and
forms of entertainment. We also do our best to pull no punches when it
to content or opinions. Although the opinions provided by our staff and
are not necessarily the opinions of the entire staff or DMG Ice in
general. We have adopted and use the SPJ
- Use of this website consents that you are at/over the
age of 13 and have permission from an adult to use this
- A copy of our business license is available upon
request and implicit detail of intent.
- All outside links are usually listed in BOLD letters and are not under
the control of DMG Ice.Com and DMG Ice.Com holds no
responsibility to their content. Any forums, chat rooms,
blogs, et cetra are unrestricted and cautions should be
provided by the user in terms of their content. Many
outside features may require a membership or account to
- All news items, graphics, mentions of products, etc.
are copyright of their respective companies and are subject
to copyright and fair usage laws.
- This site is not affiliated or endorsed by any
companies unless expressly written in said affiliation or
- This site is owned and created by Philip Andrew Wesley.
It existed prior as Philip's Game Boy Site" from June 7th,
1997 and was created as DMG Ice on February 27th,
- This website takes no responsibility for those who
engage in Pokemon hunting. It is a dangerous sport and
should not be practiced without a proper license. A license
is provided with purchase of a Pokemon game from
- This site is dedicated to the Z-80 Chip. Thank Mr. Z-80
Chip for making my Game Boy work and play games. Oh, and
Gunpei Yokoi is to thank as well; because he designed the
- This website takes no responsibility for any injury you
may inflict upon yourself while viewing this page. Do not
surf this page in watery places. Keep all hands and feet
firmly locked onto a mouse and keyboard at all times.
Please do not ingest this website.
- Any content posted or contributed becomes property of
DMG Ice. Although, authors and reviewers are given
redistribution rights. They do not have a say in the
removal of their own works from this site. DMG Ice reserves
the right to not post, remove, censor, or cut short Fan
Fiction, editorials, etc. But we usually do not. Anything
you send we can use against you. So there. Just be
friendly, baby! It's all good.
- I wish to tell you a story. A long time ago in the Land
of Super Happy Bakery Elves, a brainy elf decided to make
"Cyber Cookies". "What an elfy idea!" said the other elves.
"But, how the elf shall we do such an elfy thing?" They
decided to make many websites, including this one,
automatically send magical elf cyber cookies to your
magical and mystical Browser Cache. These cookies collect
your IP number, where you click on the website and where
you came from on the website. They also collect what you
are browsing from and what country you live in. Why do they
do such an elfy thing? Because the elves take this magical
data and give it to the site owner so he can be an elfy
pain bragging to his friends that he has a reader or three
from Russia. It also allows him to realize what people
click on the most. We also send this information to Santa. Santa
looks at where you have been browsing and decides to put
you on the Nice or Naughty list. Oh, my so make sure you
stay away from bad, naughty pr0n! That's a good person. The
cookies are also eaten by Chu Chu Mice and Blue Virii. Feed
- If you purchased this book with out a cover, you should
be aware that this book is stolen property. It was reported
as "unsold and destroyed" to the publisher and neither the
author nor the publisher has received any payment for this
- Any reprinted copyrighted text quotes are done so
without consent of author and we don't regret it at
- California Proposition 65 Warning: Living in California may
cause accute personality cancer. You should probably move.
- If you are mentioned on the website and are offended,
blow it out your ear. Your whines are not heard here.
- SJW's will be ignored or fed to giant pink lions.
- Q. What is with the name DMG ICE?
- A. It's the OLD Game Boy Model #. The old Game
DMG - 01, The Game
Boy Pockets say MGB - 001 (That's the model number for the Ice Blue
I chose DMG, because it sounded cooler than MGB. Game Boy Color is
Of course DMG Ice sounds cooler than CGB Clear Purple. GBA Platinum
would be kind of a weird name. Whatcha think? We just stuck with the
branding over the years. Even after the Game Boy family retired and was
replaced by the DS and 3DS family of systems. Now it could mean
"Digital Mobile Gaming Is a Complete Experience" or "Dot matrix Gaming
Is Complete Ecstacy." All of those work because we are an advocate for
mobile gaming as well as handheld gaming.
- Q. Can you help me find a Game Boy game or product?
- A. Only if you help me find a diet that
works without cutting off anything major.
- Q. Will I find ROMS or Emulators on your site?
- A. NOPE. Go buy original equipment or support things like
PS NOW, Virtual Console, and other types of distribution means.
- Q. Will you post my file?
- A. Nope.
- Q. Will DMG ICE ever die?
- A. When Hell freezes over!
- Q. What is a Foy?
- A. Foy is.. umm.. he's a BUG. He's the Bug of the New
He's also in Pokémon Gold, Silver, and above. And he's the best!
- Q. Are the kids alright?
- A. No. They're BLUE.
- Q. GamerGate?
- A. Over there, but you will need the GamerKey first.
- Q. Can you help me make a Pokémon site?
- A. Umm.. not really.. go ask Nintendo.
- Q. What are you doing?
- A. If you change that first word to who.. it sounds
nasty.. oh.. I'm commenting to your mindless question right now. ^_^
- Q. I can't think of a question!
- A. Well, I can't think of an answer to that one.
- Q. What is your destiny?
- A. To right wrongs and triumph over evil! And that
- Q. Why don't you put Game Genie/Game Shark/Pro Action
Replay codes up?
- A. Using one of those Game Enchancers voids your
warranty. I do not support
things that can void your warrantee. You can find "Game Shark" codes
enough on the net; and what if they do not work? Then all Hell would
loose and you would flame me. Maybe I might add Game Enchancer codes if
ever licensees one.
- Q. I hate how your site looks! I need EYE CANDY! I need
stuff that has shockwave/dhtml/php/flash, etc! Make it look better!
- A. Sigh.. here.. smoke this and then look at the site.
- Q. Are you condoning drug use?
- A. It's okay... if you the only reason you visit a site
is because of how it looks.. you're already on drugs to begin with.
- Q. What's with the little blue virus guys?
- A. They are the future rulers of the World Wide Web.
- Q. My religion prohibits me from looking at your site;
what do I do?
- A. Find a new religion or don't look at the site.
- Q. I HATE your opinion. (Or the opinion of someone
else.) How do I flame you?
- A. You don't. My opinion is covered by the First
Amendment. AND only the LAME flame.
- Q. Love your content and graphics! Can I have them and
put them on my own site?
- A. Yes and No. Yes, if you ask me. NO, if you are
leaching the picture or don't ask. Leaching.. Leaching... BAD!
Aren't all those game names and junk copyrighted by
their respective companies?
- A. Yup. And major thanks goes out to those companies.
Now, go buy their products.
- Q. I saw those virus guys on another site!
- A. Yes, they do moon-light; but hey! So does Piky,
Frenchy, and almost everyone else that works here. It is OKAY.
- Q. >Insert other sites name< is BETTER than your
- A. Tell that to someone who actually gives a flying crap
- Q. Why you cuss? I make you eat soap!
- A. Well, I'm over 18. I can say stuff. Even G rated
movies get away with the same words. Besides, Soap is high in
- Q. Is something wrong with Philip? He seems to have
some type of schizophrenia!
- A. Wow.. you can say a big word.. but you haven't
grasped what it really means.
I'm no more schizophrenic than Matt Groening, Trey Parker, Carl Barks,
Just because someone creates a character and does a voice for it;
mean that they are schizophrenic. No one looks at Shigeru Miyamoto and
"What a schizo. He must think he's Mario, or Link." No one says those
they are usually smart enough to know that the creator of a character
person who gives a character a voice is NOT the character. If you can
grasp that.. go back to kindergarten where you belong.
- Q. I dislike your staff! FIRE THEM!
- A. Why? They haven't tried to do anything explicit with
me without my consent.. so I have no reason to fire them. :)
- Q. Philip?!
- A. Not Philip, dear Quark! MAGIC EMPEROR PHILIP! Bwa ha
ha ha ha!
- Q. What's my future?
- A. A thing I don't feel like looking at.
- Q. Plork!
- A. Garmitually egwr etf!
- Q. Do you get paid to do this?
- A. Nope; but I'll find a way. I swear!
- Q. Who are you?
- A. I'm really a Gengar. Actually my name is Philip
Andrew Wesley. My nicknames
are "PawPaw the Wonderdog", Pocket Squirrel, The Duece, and The
Avardancer. (Please don't ask
me to explain them.)
- Q. Explain them.
- A. Only if you explain why your mommy calls you
- Q. What's an "Avardancer".
- A. It has to do with the "Screwtape Letters"; but I'm
also a Gengar!
- Q. What! You ain't no GENGAR!!!!
- A. Yes, I am. I eat/control your dreams. Now, go away
or you will have the
Linda Tripp dream again. I am the music maker and I am the eater of
- Q. What's a Pocket Squirrel?
- A. Something all the girls love; because.. Pocket
Squirrels are cuddly!
- Q. Where do you get your news?
- A. From the voices in my socks.
- Q. When is >Insert game name< coming out?
- A. The voices in my socks say that you need to check
out... *runs away*
- Q. You sold out!
- A. Yeah, and my Record Label is estatic.. or are you
just mad because you didn't get tickets?
- Q. Pokémon is EVIL!!!! I know this! I demand you
take down all Pokémon pictures!
- A. Umm.. when you're down sniffing that.. can I borrow
it? I'm out of anti-freeze.
- Q. When do you update?
- A. Between my sleep breaks.
- Q. Are you single?
- A. Yes and no. Next question.
- Q. Do you have a girlfriend?
- A. If you are going to be so persistent about it, fine.
Here is a link to her picture.
- Q. Um. That's an animated minor. You're one
- A. Was that a question?
- Q. No.
- A. Ya sure?
- Q. What makes YOU qualified to make a Game Boy site?
- A. Divine intervention.
- Q. I'm a pretty girl and I want your number!
- A. Well, then I live in Colorado. Look me up sometime.
If you were an item; would you be a pear, apple, watermelon, or
hourglass? Also, you're going to have to fight to the death with my
- Q. I'm a guy and I want your number!
- A. I don't have a number. I hate technology. I don't
have electricity either. I'm Amish. Yup. Please stop calling me
PewDiePie. Please. We can't be together. You need to learn to quit me.
- Q. I'm a creature and I want your number!
- A. I don't give my number out to creatures. (Well,
- Q. What's the Deally-Yo?
- A. Was zyt, fudgestar, alls up the dawn with hep tork
cassby on the glinch!
- Q. Where are you?
- A. I'm watching you. Look out the window. See that car?
That's me. I have
binoculars. Go back to your computer now. (And put on some clothes.)
- Q. Is this site child-friendly?
- A. This site is mostly "PG"; but some spots are "PG-13"
or so. If it's "R"; I will warn you.
- Q. Ich kein kÖnnen lesen englisch!
- A. Ich besitzen ihr kind.
- Q. What will happen to this site when the HUGE meteor
hits the world in 2028?
- A. The site will be fine; but the user will be down.
- Q. Who's cuter: Samus Aran, Sonja Belmont, or Laura
- A. SAILOR MERCURY!
- Q. Are you in any way affiliated to Nintendo?
- A. Only in my dreams. (Which taste good by the way.)
- Q. What does a Pikachu taste like?
- A. A big, furry, electric mouse. But why would you want
to eat one? (They're high in CALORIES!)
- Q. What does Jerry the Yellow Virus taste like?
- A. Banana. Can we change the subject?
- Q. What does Philip taste like?
- A. Umm. I don't wanna answer that one.
- Q. Please answer it?
- A. Umm. Yummy. Yeah. That's the ticket.
- Q. What does a FOY taste like?
- A. Floffy.. hey! Change the subject.
- Q. How many Game Boy games do you own?
- A. Too many.
- Q. Are your reviews done off ROMS?
- A. >INSERT RESOUNDING "NO!!!"< All reviews are
done off of the actual cartridges
that you can buy at the store. I do not do reviews on incomplete games,
ROMS, or company QA test paks. I'm not EGM, I don't review incomplete
games. Also, sometimes we get sent games to review. This doesn't stop
us from bashing terrible games though.
- Q. Do you actually subject yourself to those kinds of
animation you review?
- A. Yes, and I'm scarred for life. Thank you.
- Q. What's your favorite food?
- A. Blue.
- Q. Where do I find the Mirror?
- A. In the cave after you beat the Hydra. Get the Cave
from the Lizardmen that live in the swamp a little ways from the hotel.
- Q. Where is the CARD KEY?
- A. The fifth floor.
- Q. Where's Mew?
- A. On Uranus.
- Q. Why is there so much sex and violence in anime?
- A. Because it makes Miyazaki cry, and trust me.. he
deserves to cry.. a lot. It keeps him creative.
- Q. What is your opinion of other Game Boy sites?
- A. They are my friends. Even though I will take shots
at them on occasion. They also go great with Fried Rice and Fatty Sushi
- Q. Game Boy sucks, man.
- A. You go to HELL! You go to HELL and you DIE!
- Q. Why don't you make an
- A. Because I like Game Boy.
- Q. Why don't you put up Home Brew ROMS?
- A. Because Home Brew ROMS are usually posted all over
the internet without the
consent of the author and besides; I have limited space.
- Q. Can you help me with a part in a game?
- A. Yes. All that you have to do is say please and
e-mail me the question.
- Q. What systems do you own?
- A. I own.. a bunch of them. I like video games! Is
that a sin?
- Q. Yes, it is a sin.
- A. Who died and made you Pope?
- Q. Do you have "connections".
- A. Yes. Sometimes, I get sent games and hardware for
free to review. Also, I am friends with some people I interview in a
professional capacity. This means that we go to some of the same
parties, I check up with them on the development of some games, and I
have helped people move on ocassion. Sometimes, I give life advice or
play a wingman. Professional life is different than personal life. I
will still call a spade a spade and a bad game a bad game.
- Q. Man, so and so in the chat page/BBS is an idiot.
- A. Why are you telling me this?
- Q. Are you obsessive?
- A. No, I'm just right. Not too fat, not too skinny.
- Q. What websites do you visit?
- A. Hmm. Quite a few. I also visit a lot of smaller Game
Boy sites, Anime sites, Webcomic sites, and Pokémon
sites. (Why not?)
- Q. Are you biased toward a particular system, company?
- A. While I prefer to go where the best GAMES are; I'm a
Nintendo and Sega
bookie. I like their in-house games better than Sony and Microsoft.
I'll take a good game
of Super Mario Bros. 3 or Sonic The Hedgehog 3 over Crash Bandicoot 3
It's the GAMES that make the system. Game Boy is blessed
with thousands of great games and that is why I like it.
- Q. "Cartridges or CDs?"
- A. Cartridges. Why? Because, cartridges look better,
longer, and with compression ratios... can hold more than CDs.
DVDs.. well.. that's another story altogether. DVDs beat cartridges
- Q. CDs or DVDs?
- A. Do you even need to ask that? BLU-RAY.. drool.
- Q. Final Fantasy or Legend of Zelda?
- A. Legend of Zelda 4: "Link's Awakening" DX is better
than many a Final Fantasy game.
Although, Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES ranks right below Legend of
- Q. Name your ten favorite games of all time. (Right
- A. Hmm. That is easy. Super Mario. Bros 3, Legend of
4: "Link'sAwakening" DX, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 3 (AKA FF6),
the Hedgehog 3, Tetris, Survival Kids, Lunar: Silver Star Story
Great Greed, and Earthbound. Surprising.. isn't it?
- Q. I like ham.
- A. Ham owns you.
- Q. What did you do before you started DMG Ice?
- A. Stalk people and make content for other sites. Read
some of my stuff under
the ALIAS "The Avardancer" at sites like ZHQ, and Nintendorks. Some
of my other cool things are on smaller sites. I still write stuff for
I'll go through the net, find a site, and if I like the person, I'll
the guestbook or send something cool. I look for ORIGINAL contentin
- Q. >Insert name of content or section on DMG Ice<
- A. You're entitled to your opinion. (Padrino, get 'em
- Q. What clubs do you belong too? Where do you hang out?
- A. I'm part of the "Game Boy Mafia" and I hang out
where ever I want.
- Q. Do you play Quake/Unreal/C & C/Diablo/etc.?
- A. I don't play multi-player games on the internet....
for now anyways..
- Q. How do you afford the games you own?
- A. Business. Next question.
- Q. What business?
- A. My pal "Padrino" will talk to you about it later.
(What's your shoe size?)
- Q. Could you link to my site?
- A. Depends... do you do windows?
- Q. Could you please give me such and such game?
- A. No.
- Q. What lies in the Forbidden Zone.
- A. The truth; but be careful traveler, you may not like
what you see....
- Q. Can I be a Staff Member?
- A. I'll think about it. How good are you at foot
- Q. Can I use such and such picture from this site?
- A. Depends on the picture. The incriminating pictures
of me and the Taylor Swift can not leave this site.
- q. my shift key does not work.
- a. try duct tape. duct tape can fix anything.
- Q. I think Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Game.Com,
or some other portable system is better than Game Boy.
- A. I think someone has inhaled too much paint thinner.
- Q. Pikachu!
- A. Mewtwo!
- Q. What's Fuzzy?
- A. The illegitimate son of Snuggles the Fabric Softener
- Q. What is your favorite game?
- A. That one with the elfin looking kid on the island
and he has to, like,
scour through dungeons and fight some big ugly monsters with all sorts
weapons to wake up, like, a big bloated thingie.
- Q. What's your sign?
- A. Leo the lion. (Sing with me now. Awimbawa. Awimbawa.
Awimbawa. Awimbawa. In the jungle... the MIGHTY jungle..)
- Q. Are you Jimmy Ray?
- A. No.. I'm Sugar Ray. As in Leonard.
- Q. You are not!
- A. Run in to the fist.
- Q. Who created Game Boy?
- A. Gunpei Yokoi. He's dead now; and he also created the
Metroid series. I'll miss him.
- Q. How old is your site?
- A. Old enough to know better and not care about it as
- Q. Who is the Cyber Ninja?
- A. Gray Fox. Oops! That ain't a Game Boy game!!!
- Q. Well, my "special friend" and I are having troubles.
You see... I say that
such and such is an acceptable practice; but my friend does not think
thinks that I am disgusting for thinking about such a thing.Well....
I'm going to refer to it as "spaghetti". What is your opinion on
- A. Umm. I'm not Ann Landers or Abby. I run a GAME BOY
site; not a
- Q. What happens if Nintendo discontinues Game Boy?
- A. I finally get a slight vacation and then I storm
Nintendo's offices with
a load of C4 on my back and cling to someone until they bring it back.
(or not..) I do consider the DS family of devices as a descendant
of the Game Boy.
- Q. Cheech?
- A. Chong!
- Q. Do you get free games from companies?
- A. Depends on what mood they are in and if they like
me. Please... no more copies of Dual Heroes... okay?!
- Q. How long have you had this problem?
- A. Ain't no cure, baby.
- Q. That's kinky...
- A. Huh?
- Q. What do I need?
- A. All you need is love.
- Q. I want a BB Gun.
- A. NO! You'll put out your eyes!
- Q. Wah! *whine* My site isn't in your links!
- A. Well, I'm crying on the inside for you. Really.
Especially since we really don't have a "Links" page anymore.
- Q. What kind of Pokémon are you?
- A. A better one than you.
- Q. Can I have some money?
- A. Depends.. what can you do for me?
- Q. You're weird.
- A. And you just NOW figured that out?
- Q. What is the lateral root of E + R = MC/3?
- A. Ed McMann.
- Q. What do you think of wrestling?
- A. Is it good on toast?
- Q. I love you.
- A. Good. Now get back in the kitchen and make me some
- Q. What is Game Boy capable of doing?
- A. Mind control and fathering cheap imitators.
- Q. Who was Jimi Hendrix?
- A. I want you to turn around, close your eyes; and
start walking. When you
hear the gun fire at you. Run and keep on running until you don't hear
- Q. Is this the end?
- A. Of the world as we know it!!